How to Overcome the Fear of Public Speaking
July 6, 2022
Overcoming the fear of public speaking requires a deep understanding of two basic concepts; where it comes from and how to fix it. Whether someone went to college or university, many presentation skills were taught in school. However, this training created three problems. The presentations were mandatory, different from others, and were tied to punishment. Such scenarios reinforced a bad communication reputation, which is why we will always have fear in presentations. Join this conversation where Brenden Kumarasamy joins me and learn about how you can fix it.
Brenden is a Public Speaking Coach and the founder of Master Talk. He helps ambitious executives and coaches become TOP 1% communicators in their industries. His popular YouTube channel, The Master Talk, provides free access to communication tools for everyone in the world. Learn more in this episode with Brenden.
During this episode, you will learn about;
[00:01] Episode intro and a quick bio of Brenden
[01:24] How Brenden overcome the fear of public speaking
[03:37] Skills required in public speaking and presentations
[07:00] Sources of our presentation skills and fear of public speaking
[10:32] His vision behind starting a Master Talk YouTube
[12:58] How to fix the fear of communication in public speaking
[15:52] How the YouTube content boosted his credibility
[17:19] Three easiest things you can apply in preparation for your next presentation
[23:58] Understanding the vocabulary of public speaking
[27:12] How would the world change if you were an exceptional communicator?
[32:54] The one message that Brendan would share for the rest of his life
[34:39] Episode wrap up
- As long as the message you are trying to convey is valuable, that outweighs the fear of presentation –Brenden.
- You should do it, or nobody else will. Take the responsibility and fill the gap-Brenden
- Small actions accumulate to an enormous achievement. Don’t despise them-Brenden.
- If you can make sense out of nothing, you can make sense out of anything-Brenden.
- Getting to the top 1% in your industry is easy. Take five minutes each day to answer a question in your business. By the end of the year, you’ll have answered 365 questions. You will be invincible –Brenden.
- Sending a 30- minute voice note or video message to the people you really appreciate in your life will not only make their day but also help us understand why communication impacts change-Brenden.
- You only need 20% of the faithful audience to maintain a 100% relevancy-Brenden.
- Be insane or be the sane-Brenden.
Get FREE coaching with Brenden: https://www.rockstarcommunicator.com/?r_done=1.
Connect with Philip: