Outsource to produce the freedom you desire
APRIL 27, 2022
Today’s Episode Summary: Evan Johnson explains how he got into podcasting, how he was able to stay disciplined enough to continuously grow his business, and how he has effectively utilized outsourcing to produce the freedom every entrepreneur desires.
What You Will Learn from this Episode:
- How to stay disciplined through the ups and downs of entrepreneurship by keeping your goals clear and concise (Philip also shares an AWESOME strategy on how to achieve this).
- How to get over your fear of starting a podcast.
- The power of outsourcing.
- How to efficiently network.
The Episode Timeline:
1:22 Evan tells us a little bit about himself.
2:33 How to maintain discipline.
5:38: Winning the day: 5 power tasks.
8:11: How Evan got into podcasting.
11:32: The power of outsourcing.
15:54: Speaking tips from Evan.
18:44: It’s okay to not be great in the beginning.
20:24: How to stay consistent and keep going.
23:51: What to talk about when starting a podcast.
27:23: How to tie in your business to your podcast.
29:22: Why college is unnecessary in most cases.
30:36: How to efficiently network.
34:33: Final thoughts.
35:11: How you can reach out to Evan.
Golden Nuggets from Episode:
- It’s easier to maintain discipline when you keep your goals clear, concise, and simple.
- There’s a HUGE difference between being “busy” and being PRODUCTIVE.
- If you don’t enjoy the task, then outsource it to someone who can do it faster and better than you so you can focus on the things you’re passionate about.
- It’s okay to not be a great speaker/podcaster in the beginning. You are probably going to struggle in the beginning, but as long you practice consistently, you WILL get better!
- Be genuine when approaching potential podcast guests. Nobody likes a sleezy copy and paste message from people they don’t even know.