Supercharge your Public Speaking Career with Effective Personal Branding
December 7, 2022
Public Speaking is an excellent way to build your personal brand and advance your career. It is also a great way to make a difference in the world, which is why many people pursue this career path. However, it can be difficult to stand out from the crowd of other speakers. Branding helps you stand out from the crowd. It’s about finding your unique selling point and adding value to what you do by creating a memorable image for yourself and your message. This episode with Adam McChesney will help you develop effective branding that will help you stand out from the pack.
Adam McChesney is an INC 5000 Member and the owner of Hite Digital St. Louis, a top 50 St. Louis’ Fastest Growing Company. After working in sales for several years and then getting into digital marketing in 2018, Adam went full-time with his agency in 2020 and began helping companies build their brands online. Now, his clients are growing quicker than ever as part of Hite Digital St. Louis.
Tune in and get ready to take notes!
[01:51] Meet Adam McChesney and know him at a personal level
[02:16] Adam’s career life after college
[05:25] How Adam got into digital marketing
[07:43] How Adam got over the fear of public speaking
[11:00] Adam’s tips to packaging your message and speaking it with precision to your audience
[14:09] You can change the title of your presentation but retain your message
[15:44] Talk about what you know!
[17:57] Personal branding and how it can be your hidden gem
[24:33] Why Adam decided to share both his business and personal story on social media
[27:14] Tips on how to figure out what your audience wants to hear
[30:48] How building a personal brand supercharges your message authority
[33:37] Social media best practices for beginners in public speaking
[35:30] The one message Adam would share for the rest of his life
[40:23] The best places to reach out and connect with Adam
- With consistency and repetition, what seems hard becomes naturally easy, and you get better. – Adam McChesney.
- It’s impossible to get over the fear of public speaking. Instead, you grow over it and get comfortable with it to a certain level. – Phillip Sessions.
- Every business owner wants leads. –Adam McChesney.
- Your confidence in public speaking will show your audience if you live the message you are passing across. – Adam McChesney.
- Be attentive in listening to the key things your audience talks about when you are having a conversation. – Adam McChesney.
- Building a personal brand will give you the authority to go on stage and speak with confidence. – Philip Sessions.
- Diversify all where your content is, and do it in a written format. – Adam McChesney.
- Be you. Don’t change who you are because of what others are doing or because of what someone wants you to do physically.– Adam McChesney.